Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So You Think You Can ZZZZZZZ. . . .

Wowsers, last night was a snoozefest! The only dances worth my attention were the Broadway (thank goodness it was NOT choreographed by Tyce!), Afrojazz and Jazz. Other than that I was bored.
Here are my picks for couples in danger:
  1. Eleanor and Ryan. Their Krump -- excuse me, I mean their journey of timing, swagger and synergy -- stank it up. And not in the good stanky way. It was just stinky. I'm sad about Eleanor being in the bottom three because she has some good personality. On the other hand, I am not sad about Ryan being in the bottom three.
  2. Mollee and Nathan. Their Salsa was more like a watery pico de gallo with lots of mistakes. And I am just not loving Nathan -- something about the way he is dancing is very disappointing to me. Meanwhile, Mollee is becoming a favorite of mine despite last night's performance.
  3. Peter and Pauline. I am so bitter that they keep the quickstep around year after year! It's the kiss of death and they should let it go already!
Who is going home? Sadly, I think it will be Eleanor and Peter.
The bullets:
  • I think that Cat is also one of the V's -- did anyone else hate her cuckoo updo and that weird snakeskin dress? Yikes!
  • Nigel is a tool. Why does he ALWAYS talk about the choreographer and not the dancers? He is driving me absolutely nuts! Between him and Mary at mach 10 crazy I was ready to pull out my hair last night!
  • My BFF Adam tells it like it is!
  • Legacy -- how are you transforming before my eyes? Were you always so great and editing just made you seem horrible?
  • Did anyone see Donny Osmond in his 80's outfit on Dancing With the Stars? So scary!
  • How was I fooled into liking and Ryan and not Ashleigh? Ashleigh is by far the superior dancer. Anyone else recognize the BYU bell tower in the background of her graduation picture?
  • Please don't let Mary dance at the Dizzy Feet gala! I always feel like I need to call the police when I see her dancing with Dmitry. Gross!
What are your takes? Who's going home tonight?

4 comments:

Ada Reid-Watson said...

Congratulations! You picked one of the two to go! You may have 50% psychic powers.

The Top 16 show was so uninspiring! The one surprise for me was Ashleigh. I hated her audition (she was making all those funny faces while dancing with her hubby Ryan), but I really enjoyed her in the "cane" routine. She reminded me a little of Janette from last season. Although maybe it was her spandexy pants.

I'm glad they kept Ryan around, if only for his beefcake-ness. Hello Hottie-that's why you were fooled into likin him! But, he looked foolish dancing with Eleanor. He's got the longest arms I've ever seen, and for them to dress him in white and then have him throw his arms all around was a mistake!

Cat's outfits and makeup have been horrible for the past two nights. The bumpit (as seen on tv) hairdo, the snakeskin two tone dress, the heavy heavy makeup. I want her back with her long, flowy hair and fresh face.

I hope they keep Ryan around. If only to fulfill my beefcake fantasies.

Ada Reid-Watson said...

Oh! I forgot to complain about the song in Ashleigh and her partner's "Cane" dance. The song was Relax. The words are "Relax don't do it, When you want to go to it, Relax don't do it, When you want to come" Well apparantly you can't say "come" in that context on primetime television. That really grinds my gears.

Jaime said...

Sadly, I just can't get into this season. Everytime I try to sit down and watch it, I find myself doing other things.
I must say Cat's scary outfit was too much. Was she trying to impersonate a python? creepy scary.

Ada Reid-Watson said...

The show on 11/17/09 was SOOO boring, they owe me for my 2 hours of time. Cat looked good again but the dances were so average. I don't care who stays and who goes! I may have to stop watching this season. =(