Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A New Legacy!

Last night V premiered on ABC and I am convinced that Nigel is the Supreme Leader of the Vs. He's got to be an evil reptilian alien, bent on ruining the world (or at least SYTYCD!)! This week Nigel's evil plot continues, as he is the one making the "decision" (order!) on who is cut. Curses!
First up is a tennis hip-hop with Russell and Noelle. I'm glad to see that Noelle is back, but I was worried about her knee the whole time. And then I started to really worry because this didn't look good at all. Yikes. The tennis thing was a good idea, but didn't have great results. Adam Shankman, my new best friend, was right on in his comments.
Next is the wedding dance with Ashleigh and Jakob and I really want to hate it. But I don't. This is the BEST waltz I've seen on the show. I agree with Adam (my BFF) that it was a bit lifty, but other than that it was great. And I'm not hating Ashleigh as much anymore.
Bianca and Victor are next with a really really bad Braodway by Tyce (my other arch-nemesis). It felt empty and boring to me. I don't know how much of this is them and how much is Tyce. I think both are to blame. It was just uncomfortable to watch. Again my BFF Adam is spot on in his comments.
At this point in the show I am feeling deflated. Maybe Mollee and Nathan will cheer me up with a Bollywood number? It's great, but I'm not loving it. Or Nathan. I keep thinking about how awesome Joshua and Katee were. Sigh.
After Channing and Philip's disastrous samba, I am considering turning off the show for the night. What happened to the fantastic season six?? Where has all the good dancing gone?
Karen and Kevin start the redemption with their NappyTab hip-hop number, but I'm still not feeling it.
And then this happens:


Wow. I was stunned. And all of a sudden I REALLY love Legacy. Wow. Amazing.
I feel totally sorry for Pauline and Peter who have to follow with another "conception" by Amanda and Wade Robson. This one is pretty cool, but not as cool as the routine I just saw.
Finally it's time for an Argentine Tango and I am super-stressed ten seconds into the routine when I see Eleanor has a foot caught in her dress! Ack! And then she does that wonderful kick and frees herself! Amazing! I loved this routine. Kudos!
It's easy to see who is going home and I'm not feeling that bummed. Just mad that Nigel acts upset about it, when really he's planned this all along on his home planet. Grrr.
Here are my final bullets:
  • I can't believe that horizontal jump and lift with Legacy and Kathryn. I'm still stunned by the routine.
  • Shankman is totally falling in love with Karen, and it's cracking me up.
  • Nigel is evil.
  • Why is the waltz still one of the dances?
  • I hate the new stage!!
  • Mary has intelligent things to say. Yowza.
  • I love Stacey Tookey.
  • Sweaty Ashleigh and Jakob = gross.
What did you think of the top 18? Next week we can vote! Who are you voting for?

4 comments:

fufoo said...

so in love with legacy. there was zero b-boy in him last night. no one would have ever guessed he was anything but a contemporary dancer.
stacey is the new mia. like literally. i loved the piece but the entire time i was thinking how it was a rip-off of mia's "addiction" piece. so now i'm confused about why i loved it so much if i was irritated by the lack of imagination in the concept. i hope paula never shows. mary is enough crazy for everyone involved. at least nigel was a tiny bit less creepy-molester-man last night with his comments. there's an anti-tap conspiracy going on and i don't think i'm opposed to that.

Ada Reid-Watson said...

I can't believe you were fooled by the choreography of Legacy's routine. I'll give it to you, when he did that jump onto his partners body, that was awesome. But, the rest of the routine had hardly any choreography for him to do. Kudos to the choreograher, she really worked well with Legacy's talents. He was in all black, to blend in. And the choreographer threw in his B-Boy moves. Sorry, but Legacy will go pretty early once the people start voting!

I'm disappointed in this group, nobody stands out like they did last season and the season before. But, I'll keep watching!!

Kim M said...

Quick comments since I've been waiting two days for this review Miss Potatoes Unite! Kidding.
As soon as Kathryn and Legacy were done I texted three friends with "Wow and Wow". The horizontal jump was incredible and I am excited to see Legacy perform more. Shankman is the most entertaining judge and seems to have the most valid comments, I'm glad he is first. I didn't love the Tango, but I guess I don't "understand it" as Nigel labeled most of us. The caught dress was the highlight of that dance for me. For two weeks now I have found myself wondering if the judges don't choose some of the top 20 to be obviously worse than the others, hello? There is some real talent missing this season...but maybe that is becuase I usually start watching at the top 10 =). Ciao.

jane maynard said...

I don't know, jen, I think our "tube talk" podcast might end up boring because we pretty much agree on EVERY POINT. I almost shouldn't bother making a comment here. :)

to all of your bullet points a bit fat "aye-aye, captian!" especially the new stage (blech!) and loving stacey tookey. maybe she can help fill the hole mia left behind... :(

even nate (you know, a guy who couldn't care less about dancing) agrees that the season 6 dancers are NOT the best season ever...kind of disappointing. maybe things will turn around.

oh, and by the way, adam shankman is MY best friend. sorry. hands off, ms mosiniski.