Thursday, July 31, 2008

Grillin'

I loved it when Cat put Twitch's grillz on! I almost died laughing, and then was filled with deep admiration for our host and how great she is! I am so glad that Lauren Sanchez got dumped after the first season!
I just watched an interview with Will (sigh) where he talks about how embarrassed he was being shirtless on stage. He notes that he doesn't get to condition that much since the show started, and so he isn't in the best shape of his life. Hence his embarrassment. We should all have such problems. . . . This little snippet from Will makes me hate him just the teeniest tiniest bit. Or a whole lot. On to this week's dancing:
Courtney and Mark: their first dance is the traditional kiss of death, the Vietnamese Waltz (shout out to Donyelle from season 2!). It was good, but seriously, why do they still have this dance as an option??? This and the quickstep aren't doing the contestants any favors. But I'll give them props for a watchable routine. Next up they dance a Sonja piece and I LOVE IT. Mathias (my hubbie) hates it. What?!?! It was AWESOME and I am so pleased that Mark and Courtney get to do something so fun.
Twitch and Chelsie first dance a mambo choreographed by Tony Meredith. Does nobody remember him from America's Ballroom Challenge? Really? Set your TiVos, people! Watching Twitch in this mambo makes me cringe, but for some reason the judges have all taken happy pills and give glowing reviews. What's going on? Is this because Paula Abcrazydul is in the house? Second they dance a snore-worthy routine from Tabitha and Napoleon. That was a serious snoozer. TabNap needs to take a break from boring routines!
And now I've saved the best for last: Joshua and Katee rocked my universe tonight with their awesome routines! First they dance a contemporary piece that blew my mind. I watched that Tyce number several times! Then they blow the roof off the joint with a wicked awesome Paso. Dang, I just loved all of it! What is weird to me is that Joshua has talked about taking dance classes. He's said on the show that he's had ballet training, and I just read an interview where he talks about the loads of workshops he's done (with Debbie Allen!). So why is everyone gushing about how he's so untrained? Whether he's trained or not, he's an effortless, beautiful dancer. I can't believe I didn't like him in the beginning!
The solos are boring me to tears these days. Katee with her funny finger dances, Chelsie's sad ballroom solos (at least this time she did the splits), Mark's same "quirky" dances over and over again. Twitch gave it a nice something new with his glasses and grillz. And Joshua's routine was off the hook. But as far as solos go, I'm feeling like this is last year's Wade Robson solos all over again. Everything the same and not interesting. Where's my boy Blake when I need him the most? Or at least beautiful Artem or Dmitry?
After last week's lame elimination, I felt duty-bound to vote. My pick? Joshua. I really like Joshua, and I feel like he's the best dancer of them all right now. Who's your pick? What's your take on my take? And who gave Mary her screams back? I was really hoping they were gone for good. Alas.
Predictions: Chelsie and Mark are going home. I hope. Or maybe Courtney and Twitch.

1 comment:

Anne said...

SO I'm totally happy about how it all ended. The boy's solo just made me fall in love with them all over again. I thing Katee truly was the best dancer but it was hard to love her more than the boys. The shot of chubby little Joshua sweeping the dance studio floor to pay for dance lessons just made me melt.